May 22, 2010

Woot! 10th Post!

Wow, I was exhausted by 11 after the banquet last night. What a full day, but it was a wonderful day, so I'm glad I was tuckered out. I slept for like 9 and a half hours, which never really happens since something always wakes me up. I completely kicked my sheets and electric blanket off the bed, but hugged my comforter. How I do that, I will never know. Mom took me out to JCPenney's to get a fabulous bathing suit that I found on my boredom drive a few days ago, and I'm so excited to wear it! I'm very self conscious, so getting excited about a bathing suit is about as likely as having Haley's Comet go across the sky on the day you're born and/or the day you die. But it's sooo cute! It's like a little dress, so I'm not as worried about my thighs and hips. Lovely!

But a shopping trip for a bathing suit soon turned into something a lot more. We went to World Market, this amazing store with merchandise from many parts of the world, and I wanted to get a print that said "In Love With London" on it, but it needed a frame and I couldn't afford it. They have candies from Europe, Japan and China, Moroccan scarves and decor, and fun party things and house ware. I love that store so much, but I never really go there because no one else wants to go. Then we went over to Old Navy.

oh.   my.   gosh.

It was worse than black Friday. It was a One Day Wonder, with $1 flip flops. When we got there, a line was weaving through aisles halfway around the store, and the only flip flops left were black and white, and maybe some beige or gold in another size. We went to look for shorts, but we couldn't find any, and we weren't going to wait in that God awful line either. There were team members in clashing outfits with a megaphone horn giving out random prizes, and the black ladies would go crazy if they won. It was a complete zoo, and we had to push our way out of there. No more one day wonders for us!

So my mom walked down the strip mall to the Dress Barn. I have a new favorite store (kind of). I've been getting more and more addicted to dresses lately, and I don't really know why, but this place was FULL OF THEM (who knew?) We went in looking for dresses for a friend's wedding, and my mom never wears dresses, ever, so it was a new experience for her, and I loved helping her out. I tried on a few styles, but one was too old-lady for me, one was too big and too fancy for anything and the last one was cute! I got a salmon sundress for myself, to wear to the wedding probably my friend's grad party, and my mom got this cuuute soft blue dress, that flattered her fabulously, and I even found some matching shoes. They had this strap she didn't normally like, but she LOVED these shoes and they were on sale! It was a great day for a mother/daughter day. We had Panera, and I was exposed to their Caesar Chicken Salad SANDWICH and I wish I got two! It was GREAT. We ended up getting pastries too, and even though we were still full from lunch, we had them too.

Basically, I love shopping. I love getting new things and buying new clothes to look beautiful. I love it when I can make people look better too. That's why, if the whole nursing career doesn't work out, I'll work as a fashion consultant or just at a department store. I don't know what about being a woman makes most of us like shopping, but it's just so much fun! I love going with my friends when they'll try on stuff with me, or I'll try stuff on and they'll give me their opinion. I hope I still have friends like that in a future, and some that don't, because I have those now and they're amazing people!

Happy Blogging!
-Devon
The quickest way to know a woman is to go shopping with her.  
                      ~Marcelene Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mi perfil

Edgy, Excitable, Music-Loving, Ambitious, Nervous, Shy, Leader, Nerdy, Quirky, Tad OCD