May 13, 2010

Forgetfulness

So I'm really forgetful, and I hate to admit it. I don't forget things like birthdays or my parents' anniversary, but that's because I have them written down. However, I do have a tendency to suffer from the whole "out of sight, out of mind" thing. Like today. Two months ago we had a big band concert, with the 5th-8th grade and the two high school bands playing. At the end of the program, all of the bands play two songs together, so the middle school band director gets up on this drum major stand that I used last year, and she directs them all while me, the two other drum majors, and the two high school band directors handle the other bands. My friend and I dragged that stand from one end of the school to the other, down a hill and then up a hill. However, the trailer was locked, so we just slid it underneath. 

That was two months ago. 
Where do you think the stand is today? If you guessed under the trailer, you are right!

I was at school for 2 and a half extra hours today for drum major try outs, and while the other auditioners and I were waiting to go into our interview or wait to see who got picked, I kept thinking "I'm going to get those keys from Foster and get that stand in there". Did I? Of course not. I couldn't see it! It will probably be under there until Memorial day, when we need to come to the school and get uniforms. Or maybe tomorrow during band I'll just get the keys and do away with it, because my poor Tommy has been out in all weather, and he can't handle that, my poor metal baby.

...

Yes, I named a stand. He was my support through the months of marching band heaven and hell. He's a big boy, and I put him through much abuse. No one can replace Tommy, not even his big brother Adam, who will be mine next year!...Whoa...need to tame the ego. I will NOT be a dictator!

So this was a pretty fail entry. I wish I could keep a topic going and keep it entertaining like Sarah Thomas but I just don't seem to have that ability yet. Hopefully when life goes on I'll have more exciting things to write about. 

Happy Blogging!
-Devon

"Please stop quoting me. Not everything I say is some witty quotation."
-Mark Twain




No comments:

Post a Comment

Mi perfil

Edgy, Excitable, Music-Loving, Ambitious, Nervous, Shy, Leader, Nerdy, Quirky, Tad OCD