July 1, 2010

Eclipse Ecstacy

I have a bit of a confession to make. I'm a fan of the Twilight Saga, but anything dealing with gross Mary Sue (Bella) and Gary Stu (Edward) just makes me want to gag. No, I go to the movies and read the books for Carlisle, Esme, Jasper and Alice. Why can't the books be all about them? Those four hardly get any screen time, and it's a bit sad for my friend and I. Then again, it makes us appreciate it more when they are on screen. Most of the time it's just "I can't have you" or "Oh Edward, I love you sooooo soooo much" *gag* I mean, I'm a romantic story person, but that's not romantic. That's just CLICHE. I mean come on. New girl, pretty, gets loved by every boy in school on the first day, including the mysterious boy from across the tracks that no one can get through to. When does that ever happen? I mean, I'm sure there are girls like that, but in my experience, they're hoes. It's just disgusting. Carlisle and Esme, as well as Jasper and Alice, have a sweet kind of love, the kind I like. It's not cliche, but it's what it should be, undying love that isn't showy or gag inducing. Plus, I have a soft spot for guys in uniforms and doctors, as well as mothers and fashionable nice people. So yeah, there is my rant.

I realize that I haven't updated in like 3 weeks, but I just haven't been up to it. It's weird. I just have some writing depression, and it sucks. I know this is just a little update, but I've been feeling guilty, so here it is!

Happy Blogging!
I think writer's block is simply the dread that you are going to write something horrible.
                     -Roy Blount Jr.

1 comment:

  1. Love that last quote! May have to steal it and read it to myself when I have writer's block again.

    Twilight, I'll admit, is kind of a guilty pleasure for me—But I agree, the main characters are predictable and very cliché. It seems like, a lot of the time, the quirky, more interesting characters are saved for the side-lines, the "funny moments," etc. I tend to find the secondary characters more interesting most of the time. :-)

    And, uh, guys in uniforms and doctors? Yeah. Definitely won't complain about looking at them. Hehe ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Mi perfil

Edgy, Excitable, Music-Loving, Ambitious, Nervous, Shy, Leader, Nerdy, Quirky, Tad OCD